Na Piarsaigh is a thriving, Hurling & Gaelic Football Club catering for boys from all ages up to adult level. The club is based in Fair Hill, Cork. The club are now looking to appoint a Games Promotion Officer on a Partime Basis. (25hrs)
This is an exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate to become an integral part of the future growth and development of our club. The Job Description will be agreed on an ongoing basis with the Underage Committee.
This position needs to a flexible in hours when needed. Monday to Friday with some weekend Flexibility. It is a day Shift Position.
- The GDO (Games Development Officer) will provide hands on Coaching at Primary School Level.
- Build and grow the relationship between our Hive Academy and our local Schools.
- Recruit and Retain players within our Academy numbers by promoting our club within the school system.
- Support Schools with preparation for Sciath Na Scoil.
- Organize Blitzes between Local Primary Level Feeder schools for 1st & 2nd and 5th & 6th class kids.
- Organise School Club Days to promote what our Hive Academy has to offer our local Community.
- Will provide support and coaching to our club coaches especially new coaches.
- Support the Underage Committee in developing our section
- Attend Monthly Progress/Appraisal Meeting. Produce a monthly report on schools and club activities undertaken, activities planned and any proposed project initiatives.
- Co-ordinate Seasonal Camps throughout the year. E.g., Easter/Summer Camps, School Blitz’s
- Co-ordinate our Nursery Programme of 5yr/6yr old boys weekly.
- Introduce a Transition Year Foundation Level Coaching Course and coordinate transition year student’s involve ment in coaching at our club.
- Be Proactive with New Ideas.
1. GA Foundation Level 1 Coaching Qualification.
2. Excellent administration, organizational and IT skills
3. Own transportation.
4. Excellent timekeeper and of a reliable nature.
5. Experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organization (Voluntary or Professional Capacity).
6. Garda vetting and GA Child Safeguarding 1 are required. This will be re-vetted through schools for successful candidate if needed.
7. Previous coaching at Primary Schools. (Desirable)
8. Expected Start Date Sep/Oct 2022.
Anybody interested in the role, please send your CV to Secretary.NaPiarsaigh.Cork@gaa.ie